For Note Takers
Instructions for Note Takers
Thank you for being a note taker for a classmate with a disability. Why does this student need a copy of your notes? A disability can cause deficits in vision, hearing, short-term memory, or attention that can affect a person’s ability to take useful notes. Your notes will provide a valuable tool for this student. Here is some information about the note taking process.
- Take notes as you normally would, but please make sure you do not use abbreviations that are not easily recognizable.
- You only need to provide notes from class lectures and discussions. You do not need to provide notes on out-of-class readings.
- The student attends class, so he or she will have access to handouts and material that the professor may place online.
- Please provide a copy of your notes at least once a week.
- We would prefer that your notes are typed and uploaded as a Microsoft Word attachment. If you can’t type your notes because of the type of course material (graphs, charts, etc.), you may bring them to the Sara Bea office to be scanned before uploading.
Beginning in Fall 2020, the Sara Bea Accessibility office will utilize a new notes portal: Note-Taker Drop Off Portal.
Submitting Hours Worked
Hours should be entered in UltraTime by noon on the last day of the pay period. Find the payroll calendar through the Office of the Controller here.
- You must use a computer on the campus network
- Must use Chrome browser
- Turn off all pop-up blockers.
- Go to inside.nd.edu. Search for and click on Ultratime. Use your NetID and password to log in.
- Follow the steps in this Tutorial Video to enter hours worked.
If you have any questions or problems using UltraTime, please email Sara Bea Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.